Theme is lead change, lead small
Reggie Joyner opened up...
- Church and families combined can make a lasting impact...two combined influences make a greater impact.
At least 30% of the audience is Volunteers at the event
Reggie picks back up again...
- "Change is not an option, but how you respond to it is."
- 3 responses to change: 1. Ignore it, 2. Hold on and let it drive you to where you don't want to go, 3. Make an adjustment & use it to where you want to go
- leadership is leveraging change to get to where you want to go
- when you lead change you decide to make adjustments to present methods for the sake of a sacred mission
- adjust the method for the sake of the mission
- we need to figure out for each individual ministry what is the methods we need to use and change for the sake of the mission
- 25% of Americans treat Sunday like a holy day...everyone else treats it like a holiday
- our problem is that we won't leave the 25% to go after everyone else
- something radical has to happen in the church for the community to realize that we care about them
- families are changing, the culture is changing...we need to make every family (regardless of what they look like) to understand the restoration story of Christ
- your response to their family will determine how they feel about the church...regardless of what their version of family looks like
- there is a lot at stake
- if we don't adjust, you risk of becoming irrelevant and ignored
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chowtime – 5/24
- Run Focused: What are you focused on?
- the Monday Morning Debrief: Overcoming Dark Times
- Chowtime – 5/18
- Real Dinner + Conversations = Win