I apologize for the format and structure but I typed these standing up the whole session...standing room only.
Sunday school was started when there was no public education and illiteracy rates were so high. So Sunday School was started to help combat that.
But times have changed since that start.
Switch from Sunday school to spiritual formation:
- partner with parents
- instead of thinking from teaching week to week, what would it look like if we had a strategic plan for children from preschool all the way to college
- repetition and variety...big stories and big truths...be intentional about repeating those
- strategically place volunteers...put the right people in the right place.
- think about your audience. Is the content in your message helpful for each age group you are speaking to?
- want the kids to follow in love with God, not just know the story...make sure you are hitting the core stories. You may not be able to teach the whole Bible so make sure you are hitting the core stories and repeating those
- help them understand God's story and my story (what do we want them to know and do)
- don't just spend time on content but also in how you share it. What is the environment you are creating? Be intentional about it
- is the setting geared towards your target audience
Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Share them so we can all benefit.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chowtime – 5/18
- Real Dinner + Conversations = Win
- the Monday Morning Debrief: Changes gone array
- Chowtime – 5/11
- Looking for a new Minister or Church, ask this group to help