I came across this article last week on a new drug called "smiles". This is the first I have heard about it so I'm assuming I'm not the only one. It appears to this relatively new designer drug that has the effects of a combination of MDMA and LSD, just more potent and has already caused overdoses in teens across the nation.
As we all know, drugs are nothing to mess around with. But, at least for me, considering that I have not come into contact with many students doing drugs, it's not something I think about all the time. However, seeing these articles and reports are a great reminder to me that I need to be current in knowing what is out there and what potential hazards could be facing my students.
With this in mind, TAKE A MINUTE right now and...
- educate yourself on this new drug. The more we know, the better equipped you'll be to combat this with teens.
- share your thoughts, insights, or links you find on this new drug. Here is another link I found, but considering this is relatively new, the information is not so much. As you find links, please post them so we can be better equipped to this.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chowtime – 5/18
- Real Dinner + Conversations = Win
- the Monday Morning Debrief: Changes gone array
- Chowtime – 5/11
- Looking for a new Minister or Church, ask this group to help