This summer, New Life Christian Church's Family Ministry is doing something a little different. It's not a new idea (others have done it rather successfully), but it is new to us and we are very excited about it. It's called Camp Create.
Camp Create is an action-packed week of intense fine arts training and Bible study. The five fine arts included are dance, drama, music, sign-language, and visual art. Each session touches on the five arts, a Bible study, refreshments, and a rockin' opening session.
It is a week long camp that culminates with a Friday night production for the parents. Each day will start at 1 and run til 5. The theme for this year is Safari So Good: The Goodness of ONE. Verse for the week is Psalm 136:1. "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His steadfast love endures forever."
This why I love that New Life is doing Camp Create:
- Provides an opportunity to serve. If you are in high school or college and looking for something different and fun to help out with this summer, then this is a great opportunity to invest in children in a unique format while sharing the love of Christ with them.
- It's not centered around sports. Let's be honest, the nZone IS sports. So for New Life and the nZone to be offering this camp for the "fine arts" is a great way to reach out to all different kinds of children who have a lot more interest in things other than sports.
- It presents us with another opportunity to reach the community. As I said above, the nZone screams sports. Camp Create is none of that and it allows New Life to reach even more people so that they can discover of God is.
So, I'm really excited about this opportunity and I think it'll be a great opportunity for our entire community.
If Camp Create sounds interesting to you and you either want to sign up, click here or want to help out, email me. We would love for you to be involved in some way this year!
If you are not local (Northern Virginia) and have thoughts, comments or experiences about doing events like Camp Create, post them so that we can all benefit.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Real Dinner + Conversations = Win
- the Monday Morning Debrief: Changes gone array
- Chowtime – 5/11
- Looking for a new Minister or Church, ask this group to help
- the Monday Morning Debrief: Eyeing New Leaders