Goal: To give Youth Pastors and Ministers an experienced and very qualified Youth Minister Sidekick to partner with through the year in order to helpthem be more effective in reaching, loving and serving students for Christ.
Cost: $350 for semester, $700 for the year
What the Coaching experience will look like:
- Fill out a Personal and Ministry Assessment in which goals and an effective Personal Development Plan (PDP) can be implemented
- Twice a Month Individualized Coaching with a Mentor in which goal setting and teaching points are discussed.
- On Call Assistance at any time
- Final Evaluation and Recommendations
Youth Ministry can be a very lonely job, especially working at a smaller Church with limited resources. As a “lone ranger” it can be very easy to get distracted and lose focus with the, often times, many responsibilities Youth Pastors have to deal with. Because YM Sidekick understands these challenges, it is our goal is to help Youth Pastors become better ministers and their program become more organized.
But YM Sidekick’s program is not just about building a better ministry. Just as important is our desire to help you become the person God intends you to be. If your program is fantastic where many teens are coming to know Christ and mature in their relationship with him, yet you are not being impacted and changed by him, this would be for naught.
You will be assigned a Sidekick who will begin twice a month meeting times. The purpose of these meetings is to check in on how things are going, address any new needs or issues and work on any skills to become more proficient in. Depending on your location, these meeting times can be done in person (preferred), on iChat or Skype, or over the phone.
Each Youth Pastor will be work towards goals determined at the 1st meeting with the Sidekick. By the end of the year program, each Sidekick will help the Youth Pastor:
- Draw closer to Christ in their personal life
- Become more familiar with the foundations and implementation of effective youth ministry
- Read through selected books as well as articles from a Training Notebook that is provided. These will encourage and assist you in ministry.
At the end of the year program, the Coach will give the Youth Pastor an evaluation and further recommendations from their time together.
How to Sign Up?
If you are interested and feel this can be helpful, please email Tom Pounder at email@example.com